Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You Ready??

In the midst of chaos and confusion that this world is in right now, I feel like God's trying to tell us something. To be honest, what He's trying to tell us is painfully obvious. The world is hurting. Our big, beautiful, magnificent world is...well....falling apart.

Now, as far as I know, the world isn't literally falling apart. But, in terms of faith, the sphere known as planet earth is dying...sorta. I recently participated in 30-Hour Famine; an event at my church where you basically starve for 30 hours and learn about hunger and poverty throughout the world. When put in a situation where hunger and poverty is all around you, a person could really start to wonder....why aren't we doing anything to help? Granted, people are in third-world countries CONSTANTLY doing something to try and help but, why am I, Carter Lotts, not doing...something? Why are you, reader, not doing SOMETHING?

With all of these earthquakes recently and the rush of relief efforts to Haiti, Chile, and Taiwan, I feel like God is possibly trying to tell us something. I'm not saying God is sending these earthquakes to wake us up but, I'm not ruling out anything. Guys, we need to wake up. Our world, even our COUNTRY, is hurting. They need us. We have SO much here but yet, we just waste what we have away on fast food and cheap thrills. Are we gonna buck up and do something? I'm pretty sure God wants us moving so, let's put on our big boy, and big girl, pants and do some work. They need us out there and, frankly, we need them, too.

-Carter L.

No comments:

Post a Comment