Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dang, dude.

As we all know by now, I love being in relationships. God, on the other hand, does NOT like me being in relationships. This past summer, my youth pastor challenged me to NOT date for a year because he felt that God has some pretty sweet plans for my life this year. Turns out, I think my youth pastor was right. Granted, I have been in a relationship since then but, God wasn't too happy about that. Ever since then, no matter how hard I try, God will not allow me to be in a relationship. He puts roadblocks up and makes the scenario change so that it just....doesn't work out.

Over the past few weeks, I've attempted to stir up a relationship (in my stupidity, of course). God wasn't too happy about that. The potential relationships got to a point where things COULD have escalated but, God put His foot down, said that's not what He wanted, and shut it all down.

Earlier this evening, I was having a conversation with a friend about relationships. We got to a point in our conversation where I just literally got sick to my stomach and SO overwhelmed. God is kicking my tail around with this whole relationship thing. This dude is determined to make me His and it's...amazing. I have never felt so peaceful in my life. God is fighting me. God is fighting FOR me.

I'm not saying to go out and dump your girlfriend or boyfriend or forget all about relationships. Definitely not what i'm sayin'. All i'm saying is, make sure that our God, our Savior, and our Father is the one that's in the lead. After all, God is Love. So without Him, that relationship you're in is crap, anyways. Love your Father first. He loved you first.

-Carter L.

No comments:

Post a Comment