Thursday, January 28, 2010

Is It THAT Important..?

You know, I don’t understand why, as humans, we put EVERYTHING before God. Some people get it. They get…it. They get what loving God is about because they love God with all that they are. I’m gonna be honest, I suck at putting everything before God. I put friends, relationships, school, and the idea of religion before God. I put all of that ahead of loving my Savior. WHY?? Why does that stuff matter? God gave me all of that stuff. We have to wake up, guys. It’s not about us. We’re idiots to think that everybody cares about us and we’re idiots to think that everything revolves around us. ‘Cause guess what?? IT DOESN’T REVOLVE AROUND US.


God should be ahead of all other things. After all, He did give us life. I feel like this current-day, it’s-all-about-me, follow-the-rules-and-traditions CRAP is taking over. Everything has become about religion and not loving GOD. God even rebukes the Pharisees in the book of Matthew because they don’t practice what they preach. They latched on to religion and lost sight of loving people in the name of God and, essentially, just…loving God.


I recently saw The Book of Eli in theaters. The movie is basically about a guy who has the only surviving bible in the world and he does everything possible to protect it. There’s a seen in the movie where Eli and a girl are riding down the road and he’s talking about the book and what it means to him and he says something along the lines of, “I’ve focused so much on trying to protect this book that I’ve forgotten what the words say.” Meaning, he’s spent so long worrying about keeping anybody from getting the book that…..he’s forgotten what the words tell him to do: go out and love.


Forget about staying safe guys. Put God first. Get down in the crap, the mud, the muck, and love God with all that you have. God is first. At least, He should be.


-Carter L.

No comments:

Post a Comment