Sunday, October 25, 2009

Well...here it is....

The Daraja Children's Choir from Kenya was here this weekend and, first off, I just have to say....wow. God is working in their lives and through their lives everyday. With that in mind, let's think about how we are here. Sitting up on our pedestals with everything that we need at our reach. God has given us everything we'll ever need and, what do we do? Hoard it and give Him NO thanks. Guys, these kids come from the other side of the world from a lifestyle that we can't even imagine. Some of these kids have no parents, no grandparents, and no homes but yet they STILL give all that they have to God. Everything. Luke 21:1-4 says "As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 'I tell you the truth,' he said, 'this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.'" This woman gave all she had to her Lord. Her Creator. I make myself sick sometimes. God has provided me with so much and all I do is throw it back in His face. We EXPECT God to give us what we want. That's disgusting of us, guys.


Today, a boy I had never talked to named Moses came up behind me and grabbed my hand and held it as we walked over to the rest of the choir. This 6th grade boy from Kenya, with his multicolored scarf and his ripped khakis, was loving on ME. He was showing me God's love because He knows that's what God wants us to do. That's what God called us to do. Love. Whether that entails loving your neighbor, your enemy, your best friend or even...God. Guys, we have a lot of work to do. We have big changes to make and, honestly, it's not going to be easy. We, as Christians, will be persecuted and made fun of. We WILL have hardships and trials but, guess what? God overcame the world. I think we can handle a little criticism every now and then.


-Carter L.

1 comment:

  1. I was talking to Joseph tonight after the concert - he does suffer - more than even I realize sometimes... but we were talking and I told him that no matter how much he suffers - no matter how hard that is for him and for those who love him - it pales in comparision to the sacrifice Christ made on our behalf ... it is small compared to the pain Jesus suffered for us. It is beyond humbling - it is downright embarrassing to think that he knew my name on the cross ... and that God would have allowed ALL of that pain and suffering just to save ME ... or YOU... We have work to do. Love you, Mr. Carter.

    ReplyDelete